So all this talk about Emilio Estevez and St. Elmo’s Fire and the Brat Pack got me thinking about Rob Lowe. Ahhhh Rob Lowe. Is there anyone as cute as Rob Lowe? I mean sure he doesn’t have Mario’s dimples and I’m assuming he can’t dance like Mario but really given a choice between Mario or Rob I think I’d take Rob. I KNOW! Can you believe I just said that? But really let’s look at the facts.
1. Mario is a little young for me – Rob just the right age!
2. Look at how that man has aged – can you say WELL! I mean I have no idea how Mario is going to look at 40. He could be all flab and wrinkles.
3. Saved by the Bell/Dancing with the stars vs. big screen super star and that new show Brothers & Sisters, which I like despite the whiny factor – oh and West Wing. Who do you think will be most likely to provide me with the lifestyle to which I am accustomed? I mean who knows if either of them are really Husband of the Year material - but still…
4. Rob has been on the list since its inception. Mario – he’s a newbie. I’m not sure he will stand the test of time. I mean he could really embarrass himself during this Miss America thing – what if he sings???
5. AND Rob is a guy’s guy. Sure he’s a pretty boy but not too pretty. I think he could stand his own against Brad “Fight Club” Pitt (also on the list). But there is some uncertainty about Mario and his sexual orientation. I mean to each his own but, you see, if he likes his own that really doesn’t help me out a lot does it? EXACTLY!
Okay so there you have it. I’m ashamed to say that in the early bloom of my infatuation with Mario I forgot all about Rob. Rob who has been on the list from the beginning. Rob who still looks good two decades after making About Last Night. Rob who made one little mistake with that whole sex video thing but turned it around and became a decent guy. Yep, #1 on the list is Rob Lowe – I won’t forget again.
Ummm still no winner for the bonus question from yesterday. No new question until someone comes up with the answer :-)