Saturday, February 28, 2009
Lauren had her heart set on getting a boy dog (I really don't know why). We picked out the puppy we liked the best - all of us thinking it was a boy - well because I said it was a boy (hey it looked like a boy to me - I guess I didn't look closely enough - either that or I need to take Biology class again). So we handed "him" over to the owner so she could attach the "taken" collar and guess what - IT'S A GIRL!!! Lauren was not happy and insisted she wanted a boy - so we picked a boy that looked almost as cute as our girl and then we mixed them up and told her to pick her favorite - she picked the girl. She still wasn't very happy. We told her to pick again (after mixing them up again) - she picked the girl again. This time we didn't tell her which it was - not until we got home. She's over it already but for a while there it was the end of the world - just ask Lauren.
So here she is Ms. Autumn, she is a Goldendoodle. She is only 5 weeks old so she won't be in our home for three more weeks. Unfortunately she is currently living about an hour from our house so there probably won't be any visits until we can bring her home.
I'm still not sure I'm ready for this.
Thursday, February 26, 2009
I'm tired of being PUNK'D by God. I don't even like that show nor any other of the genre. I don't find them entertaining or funny - but - Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - that I like. How come I don't get to participate in that game? Come on God, bring it on, I could win - I know I could. Just think of how proud You would be - sure it might not be as funny as this other weird and twisted destiny stuff but still...
Sunday, February 22, 2009
This has been a very hard thing for me to write because, like I said, I would prefer to just pretend none of this exists. That people really do love me for who I am on the inside, but we all know the truth of that little lie - we are a superficial society - many lasting judgements are made on that first impression. For those of you who only know me through this blog you may find my revelations surprising since I don't know that I have ever complained about how I look but it's not good. So I'm hoping that you all will stick with me. I may talk about it now and then. I'll probably do a little update monthly just to keep me honest and you may find I'm a little crabbier than usual - but it's time for change and we all will have to take the good with the bad...
TTFN... man, I need to find a kleenex :-)
Saturday, February 21, 2009
I know this was sooo just out there. No rhyme no reason. But really I have been thinking and thinking and thinking that I should find something to write about as I haven't written in a while but when I try to put words to paper I come up with NOTHING! I want to write but nothing is coming. No flow. It's frustrating. I know I have things to say but still - nothing. So this is what you get - my idolization of Conan O'Brien - and you thought I had it bad for my Marvelous Mario :-)
Oh, one other totally random thing to go with the rest of this totally random post... I was talking with a friend the other day and I used the word "rote" he had no idea what I was talking about and made me show him the word in the dictionary since he didn't believe me when I said it was a real word and I had used it correctly. Do you know what the word rote means? And what about orthogonal? Do you know the meaning of this word (without looking it up)??? Can you use it in a sentence? Hey, what can I say, words (and my hair) are my thing... :-)
Monday, February 16, 2009
- I've been really crabby lately - that's an update.
- We made heart shaped crayons for Valentine's Day school friend gifts (you can see the details of that little project on this blog: Elle's Studio - thank you Amy ;-)) That's another update.
- I had today off from work. We get one random holiday a year and this year they picked President's Day. It was like a bonus day since most of the world was working. That's update number three.
- Alex is in the shower right now and I can hear Taylor Swift singing about her Romeo - okay maybe that isn't an update but more like a little bit of insider knowledge. He has a shower radio, he got it for Christmas - does that count as an update?
What about these?
- I met my friend Wendy for breakfast at Panera on Saturday.
- I got my hair cut tonight and took Syd with me. She talked non-stop and picked out the "bride hair" she wants when she marries Wyatt. He will say "Hon, you look great" when he sees her (those were her exact words - I'm thinking Wyatt doesn't stand a chance when pitted against the girl's determination - this has been going on for the entire school year. Did I mention she is in KINDERGARTEN. At least she isn't bringing home a boy's phone number like her sister... and I was excited about having girls - HA!)
- I'm watching The Bachelor tonight although I'm not at all impressed with Jason nor his selection of love-sick women. I mean really, you're a single dad - is this the way you want to find a mother for your son???
- I'm wondering what the etiquette is regarding throwing your own birthday party. I have such a eclectic group of friends. Nothing would make me happier then spending an evening with all of them in one room.
Monday, February 9, 2009
Oh, and because I failed to mention this fact yesterday - although my sister is very unlike me in some very superficial ways - I love her very much - even if she does have a paint fetish :-)
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Oh and this is her, my sister, Nicole - feel free to call her Nic - we do :-)
And one other thing - the HotY sent me a link to THIS article the other day - I thought it was good and so apropos with this post so I'm sharing - you know I'm all about sharing the knowledge :-)
Monday, February 2, 2009
Each day I pick up my little cherubs :-) from school. Today, after turning onto the main road which leads almost directly to the school, an SUV (okay it was a Chrysler Aspen to be exact) ran a stop sign and pulled out right in front of me. GRRRRR. Then the same SUV ran the next stop sign which is a little bit further up the road - FINALLY he arrived at the stop sign at the school intersection and actually stopped. Believe me when I say I was waiting to see what he would do - all the while hoping that our destinations were the same - and they were. So I pulled into the pick-up line right behind Mr. Speedy McGreedy - proceeded to get out of my van, walk to his vehicle and rap on the window. He acted all surprised like to see me standing there and rolled down his window. I proceeded to say the following "I assume your children go to school here" to which he replied "yeah" (and believe me I know he was saying "so what" under his breath) and I said "well my kids go here too and I'm certainly glad they weren't with me in the car while you were running all those stop signs" He looked at me and said "I don't know what you are talking about get the F*** out of here" and rolled up his window. I was so mad, let's just say the adrenaline was pumping - and really I don't know what I expected him to do BUT he needed to know what he was doing was UNACCEPTABLE! Seriously. So I went back to my car, memorized his license plate number and thought "dang I should have just called the report in to the cops but now I can't because if they pay him a little visit he will know it was me". Shoot. And then I pulled out of the pick-up line, pulled into the parking lot and proceeded to start shaking. I can be such a girl!
So there you go - I confronted a total stranger about their driving. It actually is pretty unlike me - the confrontation thing - I hate confrontation. I will avoid it at all costs - until you get me pushed up against a wall - or really ticked off - then it is all over - and I hate it. I hate the loss of control. GRRRR.
I don't know how the rest of THAT driver's day went but the rest of mine was pretty much ruined. And to think there are people out there that like to do this kind of thing. Not me. Next time I think I'll just leave it to my friendly law enforcement officers...