Thursday, February 26, 2009

But does He have a sense of humor?

God, that is. Or is He a practical joker (my LEAST favorite brand of humor)? - because I'm thinking that He takes great comic relief and delight in my quirky life. Seriously. FOR INSTANCE - remember that stop sign runner confrontation? Come on - I know you remember - it was so unlike me and I know you were all thinking - why did she do that? Anyway, today I discovered that not only do the children of said law breaker attend the same school two of my children attend, BUT he works in the same office building that I work in. WHAT? What are the chances of that? I mean come on - where I live, it's not a metropolis but it isn't a small town either. So now, not only do I have to avoid him at school, I have to worry about sharing an elevator with him or meeting him in the corridor or arriving in the parking lot at the same time - heck I'm afraid to even park next to the guy. I do not find any humor in this - nor any of the other "small world" twists of fate which make frequent appearances in my life.

I'm tired of being PUNK'D by God. I don't even like that show nor any other of the genre. I don't find them entertaining or funny - but - Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - that I like. How come I don't get to participate in that game? Come on God, bring it on, I could win - I know I could. Just think of how proud You would be - sure it might not be as funny as this other weird and twisted destiny stuff but still...

3 comments:

Shirley said...

yeah, but would you even recognize him if you ran into him though?

Amy said...

I'm pretty confident that he is more worried about running into you than the other way around!

And which numbered case would you choose? You never know...better be prepared!

Wendy said...

Angie my friend...what am I going to do with you? :-) I'm with Amy on this one...He's probably more afraid of running into you... It's odd that you should blame God for this man's poor behavior. I do belive God has a sense of humor but he's always included me in on the humorous parts. I don't remember him ever laughing at my expense. If you'll let him, he'll use this "incident" to change you for the better. Maybe the guy's dog just died or something. Why not kill the guy with kindness? You already know what he drives...put a candy bar under his windshield wiper with a note that says...I sometimes have bad days too...no hard feelings...
Instead of a practical joke...maybe it's an opportunity...
I love ya girl...