Wednesday, November 29, 2006

And now it's cold.

Yes, yes, yes, I'm talking about the weather again. Really that isn't the reason I created this blog but it has been so flippin' fickle outside I can't help myself. As I type it is 18 degrees. In otherwords it is COLD and I hate it. There I've got it out of my system now - short and sweet.

ANYWAY, do you realize there are only 25 shopping days left before the biggest commercialized holiday of the year? I just wanted to bring that to your attention in case you have been living under a rock somewhere. And if I didn't already know this it became very obvious this morning when the interrogations began. "Mom is it Christmas today? Mom is it Christmas tomorrow? Mom how many days is it until Christmas? Mom will Santa come to our house? Mom how will Santa know which house is our house? Mom can we leave cookies for Santa? Mom can we make cookies for Santa today?" and it goes on and on and on. You would think I would have learned never to mention a holiday since the Halloween investigations (Mom is it Halloween today? Mom... - different holiday,same questions)a short month ago. BUT I didn't, so now I have to get up ten minutes early every morning so that I can give the official Christmas Countdown and answer all those questions - AGAIN.

Maybe I should print the number on my forehead and they could just gaze at my head while I'm sleeping. Oh wait, this is my kids, it would just open up an entire different line of questioning (Mom, why do you have writing on your head? Mom, is that a marker? Mom, is that red marker? Mom, what number is that? Mom, did you know you have writing on your head? - I think you get the picture). So I will muster as much enthusiasm as I can at 5:45 a.m. and dazzle my children with my calendar skills and quick counting!!

Oh and by the way, in case you were wondering, I'm still in mourning for My Marvelous Mario. I have heard there are rumors circulating that it was all fixed, Emmitt Smith was set up to win from the start. It's a DANCING WITH THE STARS SCANDAL. I'll keep you updated (NEED A DAMN SMILEY)

1 comment:

Shirley said...

You poor thing! Hope that the counting went well this morning! ;)