Saturday, December 2, 2006

Life has been really crappy!

I have the stomach flu. I KNOW, it wasn't that long ago that I had a crummy cold and now this. But you know what the kicker to the whole thing is? MY IN-LAWS ARE STOPPING IN AGAIN! Now, you know, I can't lock myself in my room again. That could only lead them down two paths of thinking 1 "Holy Bananas she's sick again? I wonder if I have anything to wear to the funeral?" or 2 "Holy Bananas she just used this excuse, isn't there an original bone in her body?". I don't like either option, I don't want an emergency shopping trip to Walmart preceding my funeral and I am highly offended to think that someone would think I was unoriginal. Anyway, I will have to sweat it out. I can't wait.

Dennis and I were going to go Christmas shopping tonight, and we may still try if I can get more than five feet from the bathroom. Nothing like spreading a little holiday cheer and flu virus at the same time. Nothing says Merry Christmas like the stomach flu.

Last night when I woke up in the middle of the night I had written a wonderfully witty entry in my head but when I tried to remember today I couldn't so this is what you get. In-laws and the flu. What have I done to warrant such punishment? FINE I promise I will never bad-mouth Emmitt Smith again, let him sleep with what he has done...

By the way, my in-laws would never be unprepared for a funeral - attending funerals is their favorite activity - right after watching the Statler Brothers Christmas Special. SERIOUSLY!

3 comments:

Shirley said...

oh, sweetie, I hope that you feel better ASAP! Remember to push the fluids. I've been to the ER twice and had to get multiple IV bags from fluid loss each time. And doubly sorry about the ILs coming again....

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

Sorry to hear you are sick girl. And I deleted my post before because I didn't read it before posting and I had misspelled words! So get better soon! We have partying to do. :)