Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Will it ever end?

I am STILL sick if you can believe it? I can't. But I think I am feeling better so I'm taking that as a good sign.

So I know you have come to expect a little bit of crabby, a little bit of cynacism, a little bit of humor, from this blog, but today I am feeling a little bit of melancholy. I don't know if it is the sick or the Christmas carols I have playing in the background but whatever it is it's there.

Last night, for the fifteen minutes I wasn't running to the bathroom, Dennis mentioned that he wished we could just keep the girls at 3-1/2 forever. It has been so much fun to watch them enjoy all the excitement and anticipation and wonder. Yes, I said wonder, I know I know, so overdone, but true. Here is a scrapbook layout (hey you KNEW it was gonna happen sooner or later) that I did last year that I just love. To me this is what Christmas is all about.



This picture melts my heart everytime I see it.

And just so big brother gets equal viewing time here is a layout that also brings it all home to me











So anyway, I am loving the delight my kids are taking in this Christmas season. Everything is a discovery, from the windows in the little Christmas village, to adding handmade ornaments to the tree, to the challenge of being on good behavior just in case Santa is checking his list. It is too bad that the magic can't last forever (especially that Santa threat - Syd takes this VERY SERIOUSLY) but maybe that is what makes it magic...

2 comments:

Amy said...

Awwww...so very sweet!

Shirley said...

Hope that you feel better soon! Beautiful layouts!