Wednesday, December 13, 2006

All things Sound of Music

I know I have mentioned the Sound of Music before and how my friend Maria can invoke all the songs and lyrics from the movie but I haven't told you the entire truth. You see I LOVE the Sound of Music. Really. I'm not kidding. There are only a few movies I can watch again and again and again and the Sound of Music is one of those movies. I love the scenery, (some day I am going to Austria and I'm going to sing ALL the songs - OUTLOUD), I love the characters, I love that Captain Von Trapp is really soft on the inside, I love Edelweiss, I love the matching outfits Maria made for the children out of her bedroom drapes, I love that the nuns put sugar in the cars of the bad guys, I love the story and I don't care if the Biography Channel does say the story is not accurate. That the Captain was really a wimp and Maria wasn't really very nice and they didn't even Climb Every Mountain to escape (they took a bus - I KNOW - they just packed their bags, drove to the bus station, boarded said bus and LEFT - no music competition, no Lars blowing the whistle on them and breaking Liedel's heart, no narrow escape). I don't really like the real story much, so I just pretend I don't know anything about it. I believe in the fairy tale, I believe in Maria, I believe in the Sound of Music!!! So now you know my little secret. Sometimes I forget the secret myself and then it happens I see a commercial or hear a song (why is "My Favorite Things" considered a Christmas Carole?) and my heart is filled with my love of all things Sound of Music. Life is good!

No comments: