Thursday, November 2, 2006

Holy Crabby Bananas

Holy Bananas! Today was a very crabby day. An, I should have stayed in bed day. I should have closed the blinds, pulled the covers over my head and pretended I had amnesia day. Yep, it was that kind of a day but it didn’t start out that way at all. There were no Walmart drivers, no missed Mario. It was a perfectly fine day. Life was good and then bam – CRABBY.

Really, it’s just like when I was in Kindergarten and I had to sit on the red talking line the first day of school. I was so happy to be in school. I wore my favorite orange dress and new shoes. And then I sat by Julie D. and things began to change. She started talking while the teacher was talking but the teacher didn’t know it was Julie D– nope she thought it was me. So what happened? I had to sit on the red tile line– right there on the Talking in Class square. I was not happy; as a matter of fact I was crabby, I was in Kindergarten and I was crabby. And it was all because someone else did not follow the rules. The no talking while the teacher is talking rule. Yep – someone else broke the rules but I was the one who got crabby.

So today was another crabby day just like that day in Kindergarten. A day gone bad because someone ELSE did not follow the rules or in this case someone did not follow the PLAN. A Plan that was developed for a reason, just like there are reasons for rules there are also reasons for plans.

So there was a plan in place, a good plan, a plan with a reason and considering there are entire companies devoted solely to the art of planning you would think it would be a pretty big deal. That people would pay attention. That plans would be FOLLOWED! And yet, every day there is someone, somewhere who is NOT following the plan.

Usually someone thinks they have a better plan but sometimes, just sometimes a plan isn’t followed because SOMEONE thinks they are being helpful. That even though a plan has been developed they are going to do everyone a favor and do it their own way. Okay sure, but usually, like today, when the plan wasn’t followed, there was nothing HELPFUL that happened. As a matter of fact the plan used – VERY unhelpful. So please next time you are involved in a plan review the plan, look at the plan, heck you can even moan about the plan but for the love of granola DO NOT CHANGE THE PLAN.

You know I kind of wonder what happened to Julie D. I hope she isn’t the one that is STILL looking for me on reunion.com because frankly, I’ve haven't liked her since the first day of Kindergarten.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for my morning giggle Crabby Pants!!