Wednesday, August 13, 2008

This smart thing - sometimes it's not so good...

So the HotY has been sick. His back has been hurting and breathing hurts a lot. He was fine until Sunday night and then all this started happening. He finally went to the doctor today. When he came home he handed me a piece of paper with something written on it saying "this is what I've got". I immediately looked at the two words (which I would tell you if I could remember them or find the piece of paper) and said "that's serious" to which he replied "you don't even know what it is" and of course I replied by saying "yes I do, it means that the tissue surrounding your heart is inflamed" he just stared at me and said "how do you know this stuff" well we all know the answer of course I'm smart :-) But sometimes I'd just as soon not know. Seriously though that IS what is wrong with him. He caught some viral infection which has infected/inflamed his heart tissues. BUT do you think he got the answers that I need. How did you get it? How long will it last? Should you be restricting your activities? Will there be any long term effects? How do you know if it is getting worse? What do you do if it gets worse? Can you die from this? Did he find out ANY of that stuff? OF COURSE NOT. All he found out is that he should go back in a week and he will probably be just fine. PROBABLY JUST FINE. I'm supposed to live with PROBABLY JUST FINE for the next week. I knew I should have gone with him but I had my own appointments. Next week - I'm there and I better get information and answers. I need reassurances. Come on this is my HotY. He doesn't get sick and he certainly doesn't get the kind of sick that could be serious and requires medicine and and and multiple doctor's visits. I know he's going to be fine but it is still a little bit worrisome. All he had to do was ask a few simple questions and I would have the knowledge I need but NOW I will have to wake him up every couple of hours just to make sure he is okay and that he is going to be okay and that he is sure the doctor said he should be just fine - because really that's the way I do it. I know I know don't even say it - everyone feels sorry for the HotY :-)

TTFN...

ETA - The HotY was offended - he thought this made him sound like a jerk - which he absolutely is not - it's all tongue in check!

1 comment:

Amy said...

You definitely need to go to the next appt. so you can get your answers. Or I'm sure he has an email address that you could send him all of your questions so he is prepared for the next visit! And Dennis...you didn't think she would have questions?! :)