Sunday, August 24, 2008

It's all in the ending...

okay so I didn't see the beginning of the Olympics but I saw the ending. I always get kind of teary eyed over this kind of thing - it is all so momentous. It's like those times when the Star Spangled Banner catches you off guard and you find yourself caught up in the emotion of the moment and the fact that you are truly living in the land of the free. I mean really - here I am - an American - living a good life - enjoying all the things that give a person freedom. How did I get so lucky? How was I picked to live this life? Oh, and in case you were wondering, this is totally NOT tongue in check or sarcastic - I truly feel I am lucky.

WOW, who knew I felt so deeply about the Olympics. Okay, fine it isn't really the Olympics - it is endings. The reality is I hate endings. Almost all endings (well except endings to nightmares or a bad episode of Dancing with the Stars). I am not good with endings. They make me melancholy and introspective and just plain old sad. HATE endings. I know this is something I need to work on but after 40 years I've pretty much given up on thinking that I'm going to be one of those people that is okay with endings. I would actually like to be one of those people - it would make my life so much more carefree - endings - big deal - life goes on - you win some you lose some. Yep, sometimes that is the kind of person I would like to be. But then who knows maybe I'd really be missing out on something if I had that attitude. It always looks greener on the other side.

So anyway, watching the Olympics, working on my signs, listening to the girls playing when they should be sleeping and Alex snoring and the HotY swearing because something is wrong with the dryer (poor guy - he walks in the house after having been gone for the entire weekend and the second thing out of my mouth is - the dryer stopped working (yes, yes, yes, I told him I missed him first - I said the dryer problem was the second thing out of my mouth - jeez)). So yep, it's a good life. I'm a lucky girl, seriously!

1 comment:

Heather said...

That sounds like something I would do to my husband except I probably wouldn't wait until he got home I would be calling demanding he come home.