Friday, August 15, 2008

Catching up...

after my chronic case of procrastination I am finally getting back in the swing of things and getting caught up. I FINALLY ordered the girls their uniforms for school (yes they will be attending a private school where uniforms are required) and now just need to get supplies and shoes. Alex is going to need all new jeans but that will require a trip to the mall - probably this weekend. The kid enjoys shopping almost as much as he enjoys having his picture taken. It should be a lot of fun. It would probably be a great father/son bonding experience - but who the heck knows what they would come home with. I'm simply too afraid to even think about it. I can already see the bags of Faded Glory and Wrangler fashions spilling over. I don't even know if the HotY knows what Ambercrombie and Fitch is let alone how much they charge for a shirt and pair of pants. :-)

I think I have procrastinated on this stuff because I really am not a lover of autumn. Not that it isn't a gloriously beautiful time of year but it always seems like such a melancholy time of year. Changes are on the horizon. The carefree days of summer are quickly coming to an end. No more flip-flops or sundresses or kids running through the sprinkler. Dang.

Along with catching up on the kids stuff and back to school shopping I am beginning to get my sign orders under control. When I started this entire endeavour in November of last year I had no idea what to expect. I just made up some things that I liked and put them out there, never really knowing if anyone else was going to like what I had created as it was cute and all but no great shakes. Who knew! I sold my first sign within a few hours of posting it to Etsy and it has been steady ever since. I have sold over 100 signs from my Etsy shop and probably another 35 as custom and wholesale orders which have not been listed on Etsy. I never in a million years imagined that my glitter and paper and chipboard would be such a success but I'm very thankful that it is. I get to be creative. Play with all the things that make me happy (pretty paper, ribbon, flowers, glitter, crystals, etc.) and self-fund my hobby. It's all good and I have met some of the nicest people through my transactions. Bliss.

Okay that's it for today. Kind of rambly, kind of quirky, exactly my kind of post.

Have a wonderful weekend and look for rainbows!

TTFN...

1 comment:

Ann said...

Congrats on the success of your signs Angie...you ROCK!
Procrastination is my middle name --- and back to school shopping is one of my least favorite things to do. The supplies part is fun, but the clothes and shoes stuff - ugh!!