Wednesday, February 21, 2007

And then there was Syd...

I'm home today - sick kids again. This time it's Syd. She's been coughing and running a fever and now throwing up - but I think that is due to the coughing. Like a bad mother I sent her to daycare thinking that she would feel better once the day progressed. WRONG! I got a call around 9:30. So here I am. Right now she is tucked into our bed watching the Disney Channel and moaning every once in a while just so I know she isn't feeling well - in case I forgot :-) Truly, the fact that she has been laying around lately instead of being the whirling dervish she usually is I should have known she was coming down with something.


I mean, seriously, this is a child that did not close her eyes for twelve hours after she was born. She was a teeny, tiny little thing (3lbs 8oz) and the nurses finally had to cover her incubator with a blanket so she would close her eyes and sleep. I am not kidding about this. And it has been like that ever since.


Syd loves life. She loves to wake up every morning (on her own terms of course) and greet the day with a big "the sun is shining" shout. She twirls and jumps around like every moment is a reason for dancing. And just when you think it is all about adventure she turns around and is the most loving bunch of energy you have ever met. Tucking in her babies, handing out treats just because she wants to be nice, just generally sharing her delight with the world. That's my Syd. And even though she can be exasperating beyond words she is my breath of fresh air. My shaft of sunlight. Yep, that's my Syd. To know her is to love her!



Oh, and I'm sorry for the pitiful post the other day. There are just times, you know? And remember I told you - when I feel bad I want the world to feel bad with me :-) Have I mentioned how much I miss the smiley???


And yes the answer to the question was Tone Loc and Wild Thing. Now if those songs don't have you doing the chair dance...


And today we have a question and a bonus question - which, once again, will get you a hand crafted monogram. Here we go:


What was the only Bruce Springsteen single of the 80s' to reach as high as number two on the Billboard Hot 100?


And the Bonus: Who is the now famous actress that can be seen dancing in the music video of this song?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dancing in the Dark, Courtney Cox!

I can't believe how grown up Syd looks in that last picture! Hope she feels well soon!

Anonymous said...

Dancin in the dark
Courtney Cox!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos of your daughter! Hope she feels oh so much better soon.

deb said...

I'm not the first to guess but I know it's Courtney Cox doing that famous dance for Dancing in the Dark.

I love your 'lovely'layout. Love those basic grey papers and the circles along the edge. Syd sure is sweet but sounds like she gives you a run for your money. :) Hope she's feeling better soon. No fun being sick!

Melissa said...

That one was too easy for a Jersey girl. :P Esp one that grew up in Bruce country.

Syd sounds like my dd. If she decides on her own to sleep at anytime, I know something is wrong!

Shirley said...

Hope that she's feeling much better today! love the pictures!

Maija said...

Your daughter is so beautiful and she sounds like a total delight!

Amy said...

What's up with no new post?!