Thursday, March 5, 2009

Holiday...

what about that song - is it a better one to have stuck in your head? Shirley????

So I'm on vacation (I'd say holiday but that is way too pretentious for me - I mean really, it (that whole pretentious fake British accent thing) didn't work for Madonna, so I'm positive it won't work for me). And truthfully, vacation is even pushing it a little. I have Friday and Monday off to go NOWHERE - to do NOTHING - Hooray for me. Well I won't be spending the entire time doing nothing but you know what I mean - no real obligations.

Friday I am meeting my friend Sue for lunch so we can figure out the community ed classes we will enroll our kids in this spring, which is just code for "find a time to get together and chat without kids or husbands" :-) So tonight, I'll stay up late, sleep in tomorrow and then go out for lunch - possibly followed by a little shopping (I need new sunglasses) - the options are limitless.

Monday is my birthday and I am still juvenile enough to want the day off. I mean it is bad enough thinking about turning 30 this year (Wendy - not ONE word) without having to work through the day :-) Besides I am meeting my friend Amy for lunch followed by shopping (that is a definite) - it's an all day event. I don't know what is planned after that. I might just send my kids to SACC and really enjoy an entire day to myself. Again, so many choices - the trail could lead anywhere :-) Oh and lest we forget - Dancing With the Stars begins it's new season.

And lastly about my friends (since I seem to be making that reference frequently tonight) my good friend Roxann came over last night and while we were talking she asked me what I wanted for my birthday and I couldn't come up with a good answer because seriously, just having a good, happy day filled with love is all I need. So, that's my wish (well that and for the anonymous commenter /reader to reveal themselves. Oh and for Dancing with the Stars to introduce a Rob Lowe secret super special dancing extravaganza).

I'm rambling. I've been kind of rambly lately. Feel free to doze off - just don't tell me - or at least wait until my birthday is over :-)

TTFN...

4 comments:

Wendy said...

I'll just wish you a happy 30th and be done with it then! Have a great time off!

Amy said...

I will wait til Monday to discuss. :-) I think Green Day's Holiday is a better anthem!

Shirley said...

la la la la.....I don't hear you.....

Anonymous said...

Thats a very interesting post. I have been inspired. Thanks.