Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Away in the manager...


...Fear not: for behold I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born today in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you: Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manager...
---Luke 2:1-20


I know it is unlike me to quote bible verses but it is THE SEASON and I'm trying.

So, last night, although they were supposed to be in bed, I could hear the girls pitter pattering around above my head. This is not unusual so I ignored it knowing that eventually they would settle down and fall asleep (really, you can't believe some of the things I find when I go up to bed - let's just say that they are creative...). But last night instead of quieting down they came bounding down the stairs proudly bearing this gift, their creation of Baby Jesus in the manager.



I was speechless. Seriously. They are beginning to understand what Christmas is all about and their creativity continues to amaze me. Baby Jesus in the manager is actually a bear (I know I know that was obvious) lying in a shoe box, lined with a dance costume (tutu artfully arranged). I can't help but smile when I look at their re-enactment of the Christmas Story - even if they were supposed to be sleeping instead of playing...




...Fear not: for behold I bring you good tidings of great joy...

3 comments:

Shirley said...

awwww, how sweet....

Amy said...

cuuute!

Wendy said...

That is really wonderfully wonderful Angie....Very sweet...