Friday, December 12, 2008

Moon Moon Moon...

shining bright.

Moon Moon Moon my night light

Moon Moon Moon I can see

Moon Moon Moon you're taking care of me...


Were you fortunate enough to see the moon this morning? It was amazing. Seriously. As I was driving into work the moon was huge, a full white ball hanging in the inky dark blue sky. It was truly a wondrous site.

Actually I've seen two fabulous moons in the past month. The other was when Jupiter and Venus were aligned and showing themselves to the world, both shining next to the moon, aesthetically perfect. I was on my way home from somewhere (yes, I'm sure it was shopping) and the sky was a perfect, clear, black velvet with just a crescent moon - Jupiter and Venus shining beside - it looked like a fairytale. And the funny thing is the next night there was an article in the paper about the moon and the planet alignment and how the moon, Jupiter, Venus line-up is a rare occurrence along with a picture of the fabulous moon I saw just the night before (really do you think I just knew that Venus/Jupiter alignment thing?). The only problem with the fairytale moon, WalMart was looming in the distance. Need I say more...






TTFN, take time to look at the moon tonight - it's a beautiful miracle...



Oh and the words above - they aren't mine - they are Laurie Berkner's - I like that girl.

No comments: