Tuesday, December 23, 2008

So this is Christmas...

Okay well technically today is not Christmas but it is right around the corner.

Although today is not a BIG day for the world it is a BIG day for our family - today is Alex's birthday. Sixteen. I have a sixteen year old. How can this be? How did this happen? Where did my baby go? I might actually have to think about growing up - but but but I'm not ready yet :-) I think I'll just ignore that part.

Happy Birthday to my baby. My first born. My child who helps me keep it all in perspective. The love of my life.

Tonight we will go out for steak (Alex's favorite meal) take a drive to look at Christmas lights, enjoy cake and ice cream and birthday present opening. Christmas Eve and Christmas Day will actually be spent in our own home (a very rare occurrence) as the mom's picked weekends to hold the big events. We will leave on Friday to go to my parents. I hope the weather cooperates. Maybe that is why I haven't yet felt the Christmas love. It just all seems so anti-climatic this year. But I want to feel the love. I'm so disappointed in myself. Where is my peace and goodwill to men? Where is my holiday spirit? Where is my love of Christmas cards and cookie baking and present wrapping? Where did it go? I wish someone could tell me because I've been searching everywhere and I can't find it (Note to Wendy: chill that wine because I'm coming over).

Alright I'm done spreading Christmas cheer :-) But I do have a question for you (although I don't know why I ask since lurkers seem to be reluctant to post but I know I can count on the regulars :-)). Anyway, do you like this kind of blogging, the just open my heart and throw it on the table kind of thing that seems to be popping up lately or do you prefer I skip the touchy feely and go back to talking about Walmart and bad drivers and the weather? I asked my friend Amy and she kindly said "I love the way you write so I don't care what you write about". Now is that a good friend or what - but I need more objective opinions. So there you go bring it on but be nice because I'm already weepy today as it is.

3 comments:

Shirley said...

Happy birthday, Alex!

I agree with Amy....write what you want to write. We're here for you no matter what....

Wendy said...

Angie...the wines chilled and the doors open. If I'm not here when you come save me a swig for when I get back! Write your thoughts...it's about connecting...Merry Christmas...and it will be merry...how can it not be...the kids will make your heart swell...Happy Birthday Alex!

Amy said...

:-)

I hope Alex had a great birthday. I want pictures of the bowling themed party.