Saturday, December 13, 2008

Thank goodness for Brad Pitt...

tonight is going to be a late night. I will be making signs well into the wee hours. I spent the day shopping and wrapping and generally trying to make sure that the holiday is jolly around our house. I didn't even get to my craft room / office until after 10:00 p.m. and I have several custom orders that need to be shipped in time for Christmas (oh I know writing this is not getting the work done - but things are drying - I have a couple of minutes). Anyway, I was just beginning to despair of finding anything worth watching while I was working and then, just as I was finishing cable channel roulette, I found it - my favorite movie - Legends of the Fall. I know, you never would have guessed - but really I love this movie and it has nothing to do with Brad Pitt - well okay maybe it has a little to do with Brad Pitt - but he isn't the entire reason because seriously, it's a good story, with or without Brad. AND it's a long movie so I will have company for awhile. Actually I think it is half over already. They brothers all just said good-bye to their dad to go fight in the war. Isn't that about the middle?

So thinking about favorite movies have you ever noticed that a movie is just not as good on DVD as it is when you catch something by chance when it is on TV? And I'm the same way about music. I can listen to my favorites all I want on my iPod but it just isn't the same as turning on the radio and hearing a good song. I think it has something to do with unexpected surprises or something like that or maybe I'm just quirky :-) Oh and speaking of good songs I really like this one Let it Rock but I'm not sure I will put it on my iPod - something about it makes me want to dance - I'd hate to break out my moves any old place :-)

Okay I think my time wasting has come to an end but I'll be here - so you know drop me a note if you are so inclined - I love that sweet little email ping :-)

TTFN...

No comments: