Sunday, July 31, 2011

It was good while it lasted...

For the past week the girls have been staying with their grandparents.  Enjoying camping in the great outdoors along with other fun pursuits.  For the past week my house has been clean.  I mean like stop on over don't even bother to call first clean.  Oh look how pretty my house looks clean.  Oh my, there is a cushion out of place I must fix that right away clean.  It was awesome.  It was so relaxing.  It was paradise.  And then they came home.  I was so glad to see them and spent a few minutes cuddling with each and then in the time it took to lug their dirty clothes down to the laundry room there were towels on the bathroom floor, hair accessories lying all over and standing water on the counter.  There were Barbies strewn over the bedroom floor, open dresser drawers and jewelry dumped on the dresser.  SERIOUSLY.  I had a clean house for 7 days.  SEVEN DAYS and in seven minutes it was destroyed.  Who in the heck knows if there is a cushion which needs straightening when it looks like a tornado tore through the living room.  Ahhh yes, I'm very glad they are home BUT if only they could be home in a clean house...

TTFN... oh and if you are planning on stopping over - call first.   

1 comment:

Amy said...

I feel your pain. Well I will definitely be feeling it next week! When they arrive back from their adventures out west.