Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I've got nothin'...

literally.  I've got nothing in the way of pictures from the graduation celebration.  I started out with the camera and then realized it was so hot and steamy my lens was fogged so I set the camera aside waiting for the fog to recede and assumed the Hoty would pick up taking pictures.  Last night I learned this was not true.  So I've got nothin' and I'm not the happiest about that.  I guess you'll just have to take my word for it when I say it was a great party.  We had many guests and a happy Alex.  Food was plentiful and the decorations were pretty nice too :-)  Of course there was the accompaniment of the dog howling in her kennel as SHE knew she was missing a good party.  If there is anything Autumn loves it is a good party - all those people to jump on and maul and the possibility of a good belly rub.  She really hated missing the festivities but was unable to join us due to the very reason just given of why she likes a party :-) 

I know I had promised pictures of my idea for centerpieces but ummmm that went to the wayside with the non-picture problem and the fact that they were not a long lasting item - but I'll try to explain them.  They were miniature hot air balloons.  I used helium balloons, curling ribbon, small pails I bought in the Target dollar spot and marbles.  I took one helium balloon and attached ribbon from the top of the balloon to the bottom of the pail.  I then filled the pail with marbles and curling ribbon spilling from the top.  Inserted a cut-out picture of Alex and placed one on each table.  They really were cute but if you try them you will understand when I say PAIN IN THE BUTT.  Getting that balloon attached to the pail and keeping everything straight was more trouble than it would seem.  Oh and I won't even talk about the things that happened when a hot air balloon was assembled and ready to go and the balloon would break.  Seriously, some things are better left unsaid...  I also had picture boards, paper chains which I had envisioned festooning the ceiling in swags but as I was not the paper chain hanger my idea was nixed.  Beggars can't be choosers :-)  There were red and white paper lanterns hanging from the ceiling and of course a Congratulations Alex banner.  Those things I may yet get pictures of but the centerpieces - nope. 

And lastly I have to give some of the success of the party to my sister who worked her butt off filling coolers when they ran low, replenishing food supplies and just generally making sure the behind the scenes stuff went smoothly so we could welcome and visit guests.  Of course along with doing it out of the goodness of her heart she does have her son's graduation coming up next year.  I keep thinking of that phrase "payback is hell" :-)  (love you Nic). 

So that's it - a party recap with no pictures - sorry :-(

TTFN...

No comments: