Friday, April 29, 2011

Another Frantic Friday - The Royal Edition...

Okay yes, yes I awoke at 3:00 a.m. to begin watching the Royal Wedding "pre-game" shows not wanting to miss a single second of the big day (anyone who knows me even a little bit should not find this surprising).  There is nothing like a beautiful wedding - well actually there is nothing like a beautiful wedding dress.  I love wedding dresses - they are like the dessert of the fashion world.  It might be a little impractical to wear one every day but still, think of the possibilities!  I liked Kate's dress (and yes, I do feel free to call her Kate - we are such close personal friends and all) but it had to grow on me a bit.  It was timeless and classic.  Initially I was a little disappointed - I was expecting something more dramatic but by the time the newlyweds processed out of the church I had decided it was perfect. She was a beautiful, happy bride just as she should have been.

I'm glad I was up to see the bride and the groom and the pageantry.  It was fabulous.  And yes, I realize there are great tragedies happening in the world - tsunamis, earth quakes, tornadoes, etc. but there are also fun, romantic and grand happy events to celebrate as well as tragedies to grieve  So today I'm going to celebrate.  Maybe I'll wear a wedding dress to the grocery store - be the dessert of life.  And seriously,  think about how much fun that would be - "no I don't need my milk in a sack but if you could find a prince to carry me to my car that would be lovely"...

TTFN...

No comments: