Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I'm not ready...

Alex at 10 years old

Alex brought home his cap and gown and graduation announcements today.  It made me cry.  I'm not ready for this.  I'm not ready to let one of my babies leave the nest.  I never really imagined what this day would be like for me.  I know he isn't moving out tomorrow but graduation is just another step towards independence - and really what will my kids do without me (okay fine what will I do without my kids?)?  Sure they drive me crazy some days and stress me out and just tonight I thought "I need to get out of this house and away from these kids and the HotY if only for a minute" but you know that's all on my terms and that makes it a totally different story (hey at least I'm honest - selfish - but honest).  What in the world am I going to do when Alex's moving day is actually upon us some day?  I'm going to be a MESS!!

Well I guess I better start facing reality - and party planning.

TTFN...  I'm still trying to find a way to get out of the house for a couple of hours.

No comments: