Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Two Down Two To Go...

and the first week of school will be all but a memory. So far everyone is adjusting well. Lauren has had a few tears and was absolutely glued to me yesterday after we got home but tonight she was better. Alex is adjusting well - same school, same para, same room - consistency is good :-)



Tonight at dinner we had chicken - which prompted a big conversation about chicken and how chickens make chicken and whether chickens liked being eaten and why do the eggs we eat not have baby chicks growing inside of them. Have I mentioned my childrens' propensity for asking questions? I don't know where they get that :-) Anyway, Sydney decided that "pet" chickens didn't like being eaten but most people wouldn't pick a chicken for a pet because the chickens would leave eggs all over the house (you gotta love five year old logic). I can see these kind of conversations happening a lot. Bet you wish you were here :-)

That's it for today. I know I know it was a self-indulgent post about my kids but it was a tough day today - a day when I could have walked away from my job and never looked back - seriously - so I thought a little self-indulgence was okay.

TTFN...

No comments: