Monday, September 22, 2008

It's that day again...

Monday. Monday. Monday. I just keep thinking it to myself. Monday. Another day. Another dollar.

The girls used to have gymnastics on Monday so it has been ingrained in the schedule in my head that we have something to do on Monday nights but alas gymnastics ended at the end of August. My brain still thinks I have something to take care of on Monday nights. A look at the calendar proves my brain is wrong. Sometimes that brain wrong thing happens - it can't all be logic.

In honor of Monday and all it brings I wasn't going to write today. I feel like I've been pretty chatty lately - thinking the world really wants to know about my trips to the gas station, my home town visits, the progress of my bathroom remodel/redo and my general state of mind. HA! I'm really not as all "IT" as it may sound - I just tend to get chatty at times. And today is the Autumnal Equinox which equals quiet reflection to me. So today - I'm not doing it. I'm not chatting. I'm just going to spend my time thinking. Thinking, chatting, writing, are all introspective - but the thinking - it's so much less irritating so for you - today - it is non-irritating Monday. You should take adavntage of the quiet now because I can't make any promises about tomorrow :-)

So GO - take some time to notice the changes in the air- the crackle of leaves under your feet, the slightly musty pungent smell of mums and falling leaves, the soft blue of the sky that only happens in this peculiar hazy autumn light. Reflect and just be. Just be for this one day...

1 comment:

Maija said...

No leaves here- it's still in the 100's....ick....