Wednesday, September 10, 2008

And there it was...

on my calendar - September 11th. I was planning the agenda for a Thursday meeting that I have every other week and as I looked at the calendar to verify the date it stopped me in my tracks. Tomorrow. September 11th. It made me sad (Holy Bananas, it seems like a lot of things are making me sad lately, maybe it's time to start some meds :-)).

I've been so preoccupied with my own life lately that the date totally snuck up on me. Can any of us ever think of September 11th as just another day again? I mean really I've never had a universally catastrophic date in my life before and it's weird. The date won't mean much to my kids just like the day Kennedy was shot doesn't mean much to me (not that I don't think it is a significant date it is just that I didn't experience it so it doesn't strike my soul - you know?) but September 11th will never be just another day for me although I wish it were. I always feel like there is something more I should be doing. Something more significant than just living my superficial life in my safe little cocoon. Maybe just appreciating that life and all it means is enough - I don't know. If you have an answer tell me because the answers I come up with - they just don't seem to be enough...

No comments: