Saturday, September 20, 2008

Technically it is Saturday...

you would think after the last post I would be anxious to put the day behind me but it is now 12:40 a.m. and I am still awake. I am waiting for the last load of laundry to finish and then I will probably call it a night. This is another one of the HotY's pet peeves - my staying up LATE on the weekends. On the weekends he will usually head to bed about 11:30. On his way up the stairs he'll stop in my room (my craft, office, mess room) and ask me how much longer I will be. I'll inevitably say, I'll be up in about a half an hour I just need to finish up, blah blah blah. You get the picture. But then I'll get involved with something on the computer or I'll start watching Conan O'Brien (who I think is very funny in a very quirky kind of way) and before I know it, it is 2:00 a.m. I really don't intend to stay up this late but it's quiet and peaceful and no one is begging to use my computer (I hate to say it but we have two computers - we really need another - I'm lobbying for a laptop). Anyway, this is my time. And really, by the time I get a second wind around 9:00 p.m. I'm good for another five hours. I'm a night owl. Regardless Mr. HotY usually isn't too happy with me by the time I climb into bed at 2:00 in the morning. He will groggily ask what time it is while I am crawling in and he is turning off the light. When I say 2:00 a.m. he just gives me a big sigh. OOPS! But really it's the weekend and I'm a big girl, I think I can pick my own bedtime. Besides after my absolutely, terrible, no good week I have a treat coming my way. LOOK - LOOK what I am getting (The first person who can correctly guess the correct color will get a free sign of my choosing). I'm getting the 16GB version because I would fill up the 8GB before you could blink. I can't wait. The HotY ordered it tonight and I should have it by the 24th. WOOHOO. I would start cleaning out my playlist in anticipation of a fresh start but I would be up until the VERY wee hours of the morning listening, sorting, deleting...
I think I just heard the dryer buzz which means I'm heading to bed. Roxann is picking me up at 9:30 a.m. and I better be ready because the girl is usually on time.
TTFN...

3 comments:

Ann said...

ah! I put one of those on my Christmas list. Lucky you!! I'm guessing its some bright color, perhaps pink? purple? green? orange? yellow? blue??? ...just a guess :) hope your weekend made up for your week!

Amy said...

without a doubt...it's the hot pink one!

Maija said...

Pink