Wednesday, September 24, 2008

It was a good day...

a very good day. No, there was nothing special that happened. No, I didn't get a stay out of work for free card. No, I didn't win the lottery. But none-the-less, today, it was good.

  • There was NO whining!
  • The weather was fabulous and the sky was the most incredible shade of blue (I know I am a self-proclaimed pink girl but really I love blue too - there are so many different hues and shades - I'm especially partial to the deep ocean blues).
  • I spent most of the day out of the office. It was work stuff but I got to be outdoors quite a bit with one of my very favorite co-workers. I enjoy his company and he appreciates my quirky sense of humor so it was a good afternoon with much laughter.
  • And I heard a great story about my daughter Syd. Although the whining can send me over the edge I love being a mother and I strive to provide much positive nurturing and a strong sense self-worth in my kids (that does not mean that they don't get reprimanded but there is a l0t 0f positive praise in our household. I think we have a happy medium). BUT I may have to do a little bit of talking about humility with Syd. It seems that the Kindergarten teacher was showing each child's school picture to the class while she was handing out their photo packages. She would ask the class who the child was while holding up the picture to help them learn each other's names, etc. Well when she held up Syd's picture Syd stood up and said "Isn't it beautiful". I guess I don't have to worry about her self-esteem. Oh and I heard the other kids earnestly agreed :-) It makes me laugh.

So that's it. Simple little things that made today a better day than the day before.

Oh, and lest you think it is all about me all the time, I bought a little gift for the HotY today. I can't tell you what it was but it made him happier than an iPod and a good movie combined. He's feeling pretty lucky right now and that also makes me very happy! So there, see, it isn't always just about me - seriously!

No comments: