Monday, March 31, 2008

Make new friends...

but keep the old one is silver and the other gold.

My friend Beth, who has been one of my closest friends since Jr. High, spent the day yesterday. We had so much fun. There is something to be said about someone who knows your entire history. No need for explanations - they already know who you are and why you do what you do. They know your family. They even know things you would rather they forget! There are years of shared experiences. It was a very good day and I was sad to see her go – her 7 year old son wasn’t too sorry to be leaving as I think he had enough girl stuff for one day (before they arrived Syd was wondering what princess gown he would like to wear when they played dress-up). You would think my girls never see people. They were all over that poor boy. They wanted to show him their room and their toys and their Wii. I don’t think they left him alone for two minutes. I’m sure the fact that he is a cute boy didn’t hurt either! GIRLS!

Oh one other thing about the little ditty at the top - I remember learning that song in grade school and being absolutely amazed that my Great Grandma (at whose house my brother and I stopped for milk & cookies every day after school – I know it sounds so Little House on the Prairie but it’s true – every day milk and cookies – and not just any cookies but Archway cookies - with our great grandma) knew the same song. And now I hear my girls signing it too. It must be a childhood staple J

We are supposed to get more SNOW today. I can’t even think about it anymore – but at least those slow Walmart shoppers may go back into hibernation for a day or two!

Have a great day and call an old friend. They would love to hear from you and talk about things old and new.

TTFN

No comments: