Friday, February 1, 2008

And another one bites the dust...

So I bet you are wondering what THAT is all about :-) - let me tell you! If there is one huge design flaw in our home it is the fact that whomever built the place put the medicine cabinet directly over the toilet in the main upstairs bathroom. Yes, DIRECTLY.OVER.THE.TOILET. Who does something like that? Just think of all the times something has fallen out of your medicine cabinet. Now just think about what would happen if that medicine cabinet was located directly over your toilet - see that's what I'm saying...

I can't tell you the number of things that have made their way to a watery grave. Ibuprofin is probably the number one leader but it is not alone. There have been other medications, fingernail polish, deoderant, emery boards, make-up remover and even a favorite earring (that hurt). Of course once it hits the "bullseye" it is trash. No salvage possible. Seriously. And frankly I'm getting darn tired of it all. Every day I just think - WHO WOULD DO THIS???? Who would put a medicine cabinet HERE? What WERE they thinking? Oh not to mention I don't really like the looks of it either. Inconvenient and unattractive (and NO that is not the story of my life :-))

I've considered having the HOTY remove it but I just don't know what we might find. An unfinished wall? A huge gaping hole? Buried treasure? And then the true dilema is where would a new medicine cabinet go? Or do we even need a medicine cabinet? I mean we have a linen closet. Such a puzzle :-) I think I need to go, I have problems to ponder...

TTFN

Oh, and this morning, it was my emery board. That's the item that met it's demise in the great white hole underneath the medicine cabinet. My fingernails are looking a little ragged already.