Tuesday, March 20, 2007

It has begun, again...

The new season of Dancing with the Stars and bonding time for the girls and me. They, the girls, call it the dancing show and like to do their own interpretive dance routines. Whenever a good cha-cha song came on last night Lauren would jump up and say “I have to dance” like she just couldn’t hold it in a minute more and started whirling around the floor. It was too cute if I do say so myself.

Anyway, I don’t have a clear favorite yet but I’m kind of liking that In Sync guy. I thought he seemed the most natural. And did you see Mario’s partner with Billy Ray Cyrus? It’s like she has just forgotten Mario and moved on. No mention of the dimpled darling. Do you think he dumped her? Is the honeymoon over? Is he spending his time mending his broken heart after learning that my real true love is Rob Lowe? Oh Mario how we miss you – as long as you keep your mouth shut…

And really, let’s just put it out there. How does Heather Mills do it? How could she dance like that? She’s got a fake leg. How could she get it to do those things? Clearly I don’t have any idea how a leg prosthesis works but holy bananas I never would have known. I give her a ton of credit but I’m not sure that it is a fair playing field – in either direction, but that’s not for me to decide and besides I have important things to discuss like stop light running idiots!

You know I get irritated with the non-40 driving Walmart shoppers, and the stop sign blind daycare neighborhood cruisers but my biggest pet peeve, the thing that really makes me boil – RED LIGHT RUNNERS! Seriously, it is an epidemic in my little city and a dangerous one too. They are looking into putting those automatic cameras on the stop lights to ticket the offenders and I whole heartedly back this idea. There I’ve said my piece. And if you are a red light runner (and I can’t imagine that any of you are) STOP. Don’t do it anymore. You could injure someone, ruin a family, cause harm to children. Think about it…

WOW that sounded a little too serious. I’m normally not in the business of posting PSA’s. It needed to be said but now I think I need to lighten up. Speaking of which, in an effort to lighten my own body I am trying a new diet strategy this week. Only pretty food. Yes, that is what I said. I am only eating pretty food. If it looks pretty (think strawberries and peaches and grapes) or if I look pretty eating it I am putting it on my plate - but if it is ugly food it’s out. I mean really a cheeseburger is not pretty and even if it were I do not look pretty eating it. BUT I make quite a picture biting into a sweet, ripe strawberry :-) Think about it…

Okay no answer yet and no opinions about the 80s’ question so I am hereby withholding until I hear from you. Seriously…

No comments: