Thursday, August 25, 2011

Why yes, I am in the shower...

the other day while in the shower Alex came bursting through the bathroom door, proudly announcing "mom, phone!".  I had no choice but to grab the phone which he was thrusting into the shower after turning off the water and lowering the volume on the radio.  It was only a local car dealership calling to check on service we had recently had completed on the van.  I am sure the person on the other end was fully aware that I had been in the shower since they had the pleasure of hearing the pounding water and echo of the radio before I realized a phone was being thrown at me :-)  I'm just glad it wasn't a potential employer calling to set-up an interview.  That could have been interesting "yes, I'd love to come in for an interview.  What?  No, really I'm not busy we can set-up something right now just let me grab my shaving gel so I can write done the details.  What?  Why yes I am in the shower - Why do you ask - is it a problem?  I promise to be fully clothed when I come for an interview.  And really, I wish you had called just seconds earlier you could have heard me belting out Lady GaGa's newest tune.  I'm sure you would have enjoyed it."  Yep, it could have been interesting.  I'm almost sorry it didn't happen - almost... 

I obviously have some phone answering etiquette to discuss with Alex (and all the kids really) although he is great with telemarketers :-) 

Oh and just to clarify so no one is making any undue judgements I typically DO NOT like Lady GaGa, her meat dress and weird videos included, but I really like her new song (click here to listen) it's got a great beat and is easy to dance to (where has that phrase been heard before - anyone) seriously I do like it - until it gets played to death of course but right now it's still in the honeymoon phase.

TTFN...

No comments: