Thursday, April 30, 2009

Twitter me this...

Color me curious, really. So what is the deal with this Twitter thing? I'm not sure I get it. And that isn't to say I might not jump on the bandwagon because I didn't get the whole blogging thing right away either (as they say in the software industry, I'm a Late Adopter - and that is ohhh so true in ohhh so many ways but ohhh there simply is not enough time to even get into that) but for right now I'm a little perplexed.

Seriously. Do people really care that much about what other people are doing at any given moment? Isn't that what this Twitter thing is all about? Up to the minute reports on every day occurrences? That is called life people - regular life. We all have one - and if you don't you should get one. So I'm just not on board with the whole thing yet. I don't even know where to find Twitter, besides, there is enough noise and commotion in my life why would I want incessant twittering? I can open my window and hear the birds when I need a twit - I mean Tweet. And, if I WERE to join the hordes of twitterers I can only imagine what I would have to share:
Got up. Cleaned dog pee. Took shower. Told Sheryl Crowe to shut up. Drove to work. Avoided direct contact with Walmart. Appointed self official stop sign vigilante. Came home. Talked to kids. Cleaned dog pee. Went to bed.

Please, I know, the excitement of it all. I can totally see why hundreds would want to read this kind of stuff. But really, if you have a good reason why I should be taking this entire Twitter thing seriously let me know because YOU KNOW I hate missing out on the cool happening stuff :-)

TTFN...

2 comments:

Shirley said...

I don't get it either but then I'm technologically challenged. LOL! My cell is so old it's not even funny and when I do get a new one, I just want to be able to get calls on it. That's it.

But, if you finally get hooked, lemme know. LOL!

deb said...

I think a blog and FB is enough for me. But everyone is talking about Twitter!