Thursday, April 23, 2009

It will be worth it in the end…

I’m scrapping with my friends Amy and Heather on Saturday at Heather’s house. It will be fun - I know it will - but the prep – UGH. I know you are thinking “how could she be complaining about getting a few pieces of paper, scissors and adhesive together?”. And really it SHOULD be that simple but it’s not. The paper, scissors and adhesive are the least of it. First I have to decide what pictures I’m going to work on, what paper I’m going to need what “fun” extras I want to use. Do I want ribbon, or buttons, or flowers or chipboard or Thickers or die cuts or glitter – what about the glitter? I mean seriously, the choices and decisions are countless – and no matter what I decide there will be SOMETHING I will wish I had brought along. That’s the way it goes.

My goal is to pare down my choices. I am taking ONE laundry basket of stuff. That’s it – just one laundry basket. Amy, are you listening to me – ONE LAUNDRY BASKET – that’s all I’m taking - well that and my pink tote for paper. (Oh and by the way, Amy, I’m still talking to you, I have your word – in writing - which says you will be staying until 10:00 p.m. AND NOW you have it in writing that I will be at Heather’s at 10:00 a.m. - not 10:15, not 10:30 but 10:00 a.m.. If you can stay up past your bedtime I can get my act together in the morning and be on time. :-))

So there you go, my plan for Saturday. I know it sounds all boring and middle America like but it really is a fun time. There will be laughing and talking and eating and sharing and maybe even some creative work will get done. To be honest, I don’t even know the last time I actually scrapped – I pretended to scrap the last time we got together but Heather and Amy know I really didn’t get anything done – but I talked a lot – like that’s hard to believe :-)

TTFN…

Oh and by the way, I've been so good at not procrastinating this week I even made the time to get my Driver's License renewed this week. The HotY was sure I was going to have to pay a fine or something for being so late - but nope - nothing. Fill out the form, pay the money, test the eyes, take the picture (I got two tries - the first time she said I looked too serious so we did it again - the Driver's License chick said it was a good picture but who is she kidding it's NEVER a good picture)

3 comments:

Amy said...

Well, geez, put the pressure on me, why don't you?! I better get to bed even earlier if you are going to hold me to that 10 o'clock thing! Does it count if I am laying on the couch/floor but still at Heather's house? :-)

It should be a good time regardless.

Ann said...

sounds like fun - Jen,Jodes, Cheryl and I are scrapping this weekend at Cheryl's...and like you said,maybe, just maybe I might get a little something done! :) Have fun!!

Shirley said...

SEEEEEEEEEE, that's why I never leave the house to scrap. Too much freaking stuff to decide upon taking or not taking. Have fun though!