Friday, April 17, 2009

Here comes the sun…

Ohhhhh how I love this time of year.

I love the sunshine and the warmth and the promise that summer is on the way.


I love walking outside without the bulk of a winter coat weighing me down.


I love not putting on socks in the morning.


I love parking my van in the furthest spot in the school parking lot and walking to pick up my girls, by-passing the slow as a snail car pick-up line.


I love open windows and the warm breezes which make my curtains billow.


I love sundresses and sandals and tans and the smell of coconut suntan lotion (I know so politically incorrect of me – that suntan thing).


I love the way the sound of an airplane droning overhead in a clear blue sky can make me feel like a kid on summer break (I have no idea why this sound brings this memory back to me but I never fail to think of being a kid, playing outside and watching the vapor trail left by a jet whenever I hear a plane in the sky on a summer day).


I love late nights on the deck with a glass of wine and good company.


I love May Day and the joy my kids get from leaving an unexpected surprise for their friends.


I love the sound of summer rain pitter pattering on the roof and bringing new life to the world outside (which also never fails to bring this song to mind).


I love summer.

I love it.

I love it.

I love it.


AND I think it has arrived – or something that resembles summer anyway - I have hope…

TTFN…

1 comment:

Amy said...

You descriptions capture it perfectly! Enjoy.