Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas Returns - or - How to Freak Out a Five Year Old...

Today the I took Lauren and Sydney for a girl's day. First on the agenda was lunch followed by a trip to Target for Christmas returns. I had all the return items in a large red plastic bag (from Target - of course) so the girls could not see what was in the bag - until I started taking things out and placing them on the counter. And then the panic began. The returns were duplicates of items that had been received for Christmas - but Lauren & Syd did not know that - they thought they were the very presents they had received. And why would they think I was returning some of their presents? Because they haven't been picking up!!! And believe me there have been days when I really would like to return at least half of what they have gotten - not the least of which are Polly Pocket shoes!!!! You know what I mean - you've seen those shoes. They're tiny and the vacuum cleaner loves them! Anyway, I wasn't a totally mean mom - I only let them freak out for a couple of minutes - before the tears started or Syd crawled over the counter to rescue her princess dress (and I'm not kidding about that - she was beginning to climb the cart in her haste to retrieve her dress).


I know I know not much of a post but I'm procrastinating. I'm meeting Heather and Amy for scrapping tomorrow and I don't know where to begin with the packing. A problem only a scrapper will understand - so much stuff - so little space...


TTFN...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am only amazed that she received 2 of those dresses! What are the odds?