Friday, September 21, 2007

Maybe this should be my mantra....

I saw this in my Oprah magazine last night. It really struck me...


"I must learn to love the fool in me - the one who feels too much, talks too much, takes too many chances, wins sometimes and loses often, lacks self-control, loves and hates, hurts and gets hurt, promises and breaks promises, laughs and cries. It alone protects me against that utterly self-controlled, masterful tyrant whom I also harbor and who would rob me of human aliveness, humility, and dignity but for my fool". -Theodore I. Rubin, MD-

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I agree completely except for the self-controlled part. That tyrant has less self control than any other part of me. With reckless abandon it says anything it thinks without regard to how it will hurt itself. Compassion and love for self and others are the only part of us where we should embrace lack of self-control.

Maija said...

We are like 2 peas in a pod!