Monday, September 24, 2007

It is almost obscene...

how excited I am about the new season of TV beginning this week. And it all starts tonight with Dancing with the Stars. Who will be my dancing diva this year? I don't even know who the contestants are. I know I know - but I'm not so much on the background details until I know what it is I want to know. KWIM? I'll be sure to get back to you on my initial favorites tomorrow - of course my favorite NEVER wins but still I keep hoping (and really, I'm not bitter - it's not like they hip-hopped right over my Rob Lowe).

And then as if that weren't enough for a Monday Dancing with the Stars is followed by The Bachelor. This season they have the sexiest bachelor yet - or so the hype goes. Every season it is something - and every season I am disappointed (well except for Andrew Firestone - now that Bachelor - he was - something. I might have to add him to the list, I wonder what is happening with Andrew? Is he still making wine? Living on his 15 minutes of fame? Trying to find the true love of his life? Anyone???). ANYWAY, we'll see what happens this season - the previews I have seen - I'm not thinking sexy but I'll give him a chance. I'd hate to make a snap decision.

And if my excitement over the upcoming week in TV is not proof enough of the sad and boring suburban life I lead this will seal the deal. Friday night the HotY and I had to attend a wake (this has been happening all too often lately - at one time in our lives it was weddings and then baptisms but lately it has been wakes and funerals as the parents of our friends are aging - I have a lot more fun at weddings). After the wake we went on a "date". Out to dinner at a very nice, local Italian restaurant (and NO I'm not talking about Olive Garden) to be followed by an evening out. Well after dinner the HotY looked at me and said what do you want to do? Go out for drinks? Go for a walk downtown? Sit by Silver Lake and watch the moon reflect off the water? Dancing? Shopping? The world is your oyster. Do you want to know what we did - my choice of oyster? We went HOME! To our nice quiet, clean, temporarily kidless house where we lit some candles, poured some wine, read our books and, ummmmm took a little cat nap! I KNOW! But really at that moment in time there was not one thing I would rather have done. I don't know if it was the carb overload at dinner, or the night air, or just the end of a long week but regardless of the reason I think it was just what was needed...

No comments: