Sunday, June 7, 2009

Enough is Enough...

and that is where I am right now with the dog. She's a cute dog. She's a happy dog. She's a big dog. She's a dog who hates me. Seriously, the dog has to go. She won't listen to me. She won't obey for me. She won't walk on a leash with me. She attacks me. She is fine with every one else but with me - she's out of control. I have no idea what the issue is - dogs like me - really they do - but Autumn not so much and I can't deal with it anymore. I have enough things in my life causing me stress I don't need a dog on top of it. And it was MY idea to get the dog. I wanted a companion to replace Callie. I wanted a nice dog to keep me company. I wanted to have man's best friend by my side again - but the dog we ended up with - it isn't working out with the two of us. It makes me sad especially since I am not a quitter. Seriously, I don't just give up on stuff. Getting rid of the dog feels suspiciously like quitting but it's me or the dog...

There are big things on the horizon and I think admitting the dog is not working out and moving on is the first of them. Maybe taking that step will make the next few steps a little easier.

TTFN...

2 comments:

deb said...

What a bummer. Hang in there.

Chichiboulie said...

Oh I'm so sorry. Have you tried classes with her? I can imagine that it's not easy to have to make that decision, but then again, if it's a matter of mental health...

Best wishes in whatever you decide