Monday, June 29, 2009

It isn't always a BIG thing...

Okay in the entire scheme of living, dying and surviving this is one of the most trivial things I have had to say in a long time - but sometimes you just have to take a minute to regroup and focus on the non-important things.

Last night I watched The Notebook. I know some of you are probably die hard Notebook fans, having watched the movie over and over and over again, but I have only seen it twice (including last night’s viewing). It isn’t that I don’t like the movie – I do – especially the scenes where they were young and romantic and living life in a simpler time. But there is SOMETHING that bugs me about the movie. It bugged me the first time and it bugged me the second but I didn’t know what it was until I was watching the end of the movie last night. It has to do with the casting of James Garner as the “old” Noah. Why would they cast James Garner in this role? There is nothing about him that resembles the actor (and I’m ashamed to say I don’t know his name – this is the kind of stuff I have my friend Amy for – she’ll know the actor) that played the young and blond and baby-faced Noah. I know people change as they age but this was a complete miscasting as there wasn’t even a passing resemblance between the two actors unless someone had some really bad plastic surgery along the way. So I find that disappointing. It makes the movie a little disjointed for me. I’m not sure who should have played the elderly Noah. Maybe Robert Redford or Michael Douglas. What do you think?

So there you go - my big concern for Monday, June 29, 2009. It’s been a pressing issue and I’m so glad I finally got to voice this major life disappointment – aren’t you glad you stopped by today :-)

TTFN… Who would play you in the movie of your life – young and old???

2 comments:

Shirley said...

you are too funny! I haven't even seen the movie to know who you're talking about. LOL!

Amy said...

Lol. It's Ryan Gosseling who plays the young Noah. And yes, totally agree with you on the casting of the 'old' characters for both of them. Wrong, wrong, wrong!

And I have never thought of who would play me in a movie. I have nothing movie worthy to portray.
:-)