Thursday, February 10, 2011

Waiting for the thaw...

I am in the doldrums of winter (I can't tell you how many times I had to type out doldrums before I got it right - my fingers have a mind of their own and o before u was not what was on their mind).  I'm sick of looking at dirty, crappy, ugly snow higher than mailboxes.  I'm sick of two lane streets reduced to one lane because there are big piles of snow encroaching into the traffic flow not to mention people who insist on parking in the street because - well I don't why but it is irritating (where is the neighborhood covenant which states no street parking?).  I'm sick of cold temps and dirty snow pants and grimy boots and a foyer which becomes covered with sand on a daily basis from the street and the parking lot and the driveway and the sidewalk and the playground.  I'm sick of winter. Oh shoot I'm whining again.  I hate whining so let's call it complaining or venting or airing my dirty laundry or something other than whining because I don't do whining ;-)

And since I'm "venting" and all - I think I am now used to being at home but not so much that I don't feel guilty about being at home.  Guilty and a little sad.  I know I am smart, I know I am strong, I know I am employable but right now I feel - well one word sums it up - LOSER!!!  But, in my most ambivalent style, I'm not ready for a new job yet.  I know that sounds selfish but I have worked since I was sixteen and I'm tired of working for awhile and the HotY is fine with that - if only I could tell my brain to shut up and let me relax.  UGH.  On a better note my family is enjoying many home-cooked meals and a cleaner house.  That's a good thing - right?  And you lucky people - you get to read all my random thoughts more often - I mean how good is that (said totally tongue in cheek - oh and cheek is one of those words I always have to think about spelling because I might say check instead.  Loose, Choose, Lose, Chose are four more that I actually have to slow down and think about before I put them down - just thought I'd mention it). 

Anyway, winter doldrums - that's where I am at.  We are expecting a "spring" thaw this weekend.  There could hardly be a more anticipated event.

TTFN...

No comments: