Thursday, September 2, 2010

I've created a monster or my dog is not dumb or I have no idea what today is....

In my quest to begin walking again (really are you sick of hearing about this yet - I mean really - if it makes you feel better I have stopped counting the days so I have no idea what number today is - 10 maybe????) ANYWAY - the walking has also resulted in dog leash training and iPod listening - all nice benefits - or so I thought until tonight when I decided to take a break night. It's rainy, it's probably bug heaven out there and I gave myself permission to skip tonight (it won't become a habit). BUT the dog had other plans. I am listening to my iPod while typing because there is nothing I want to watch on tv and if I run iTunes from my computer it slows everything way down so I just listen to the iPod - it bugs the HotY - I'm not sure why - maybe because when I have the ear buds in my ears I can't hear anything (like him or the kids running around when they are supposed to be sleeping or Alex talking to himself - I can hear Steve Perry crooning in my ear though - but I diverse). Anyway what I can hear is the dog whining and crying and barking and nudging my hand and legs and just being a nuisance - more than usual. At first I couldn't figure out what her problem was and then I realized she sees me with the iPod - she thinks we are going for a walk. She wants to go for a walk. She recognized the iPod. Either my dog is a genius or I have created a monster.

Oh and on a side note - we took the cat to the groomer yesterday and they shaved her down so she looks like a different cat the dog thinks she IS a different cat - genius or monster - you decide...

Oh Bruce Springsteen is singing to me now - so much better than listening to the kids fights. Eat your heart out HotY.

No comments: