Thursday, January 7, 2010

I've got a PLOODLE...

OMG - the DOG went to the groomers earlier this week for a trim. I expected her to come home looking like a cute Goldendoodle who had just received a haircut. What I was not expecting was a PloodleDoodle. A big shaggy dog with a not quite poodle cut but more than just a trim cut. Really, it was sad and if you think I didn't like it you should have seen Autumn. She moped around all night and then the cat started mocking her - she was one depressed puppy. No one asked for a Poodle (or Ploodle as the girls call her). Who gave these people permission to change our dog???? But we all averted our gazes and rallied around her (Autumn). I tried to tell her it is only hair and everyone has at least one bad haircut in their lives but she knew I was just trying to make her feel better. So for now - I just try to keep her away from the mirrors.

Anyway, I had every intention of showing you pictures of our Doodle turned Poodle but Syd insisted on taking them. I have pictures of the toilet bowl, the dirty dishes in the dishwasher, the dog dishes, the sweater lying on the chair in the living room and the HotY's butt but what I don't have is a picture of the dog (and THIS is why I thank the makers of digital cameras every.single.day because if I spent money developing the pictures that get taken around this house it would not be a wise use of my dollars).

Oh, wait, the HotY just saved the day and snapped a picture of Ms. Ploodledoodle - see for yourself, it's not good. Let's just hope it grows out before the other neighborhood dogs get a look because all the eyeshadow and mascara in the world is not going to detract from this haircut...



TTFN...

Oh and that is one of her chew toys hanging out of her mouth. She's got an oral fixation.

3 comments:

Shirley said...

Poor baby. Like her color though!

Yeah, Hayley got a digital camera (cheapy one) for Christmas and I can't tell you the stuff we've gotten pictures of. She also LOVES taking self-portraits. Evidently that's a MIL trait. *eye roll*

Ann said...

aww...she's a cutie :)

Amy said...

I guess I think it's cute! But she does have an ashamed look on her face. :-) Now about those other pictures you mentioned?