Sunday, November 22, 2009

Sometimes it is just so surreal...

Do you ever have those moments in your life when you go "hey, wait a minute, how did I get here, when did this happen to me?" The kind of moment that inevitably strikes in the middle of the night - at least that is how it happens for me. There I will be, standing in the dark bathroom, and it hits me - this is my life - this is how it all turns out - huh, when did this happen? I mean really this house, it belongs to me. That guy sleeping in my bed, he's my husband. The angelic, (at least angelic in the dead of night), children, they're mine. WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN? Last time I looked I didn't have any of this stuff. I was the child sleeping in the bed. I was the one assuming that all my needs would be taken care of by the woman standing in the bathroom in the middle of the night. I wasn't a grown-up. When did I become a grown-up?

I'm not saying I don't like being a grown-up, I just am not sure when it happened. Deep inside I don't feel like a person who has a house and family and responsibility. It's confusing and very surreal. So I go back to bed and wake up in the morning and totally forget about feeling like I was living in two dimensions.

Maybe I should not have read the Time Traveler's Wife - just think if that were a true story...

TTFN... oh and try to remember to go to the bathroom before you go to bed - it will save you from all kinds of twilight zone kind of thoughts that may keep you awake the rest of the night.

1 comment:

Shirley said...

Dang, girl, what have you been eating?!?! LOL! Afraid to break it to you but we've been adults for quite a few years now. *sigh*