Sunday, February 12, 2012

Okay, so...

I'm kind of thinking of shutting down this blog.  I know I've said this before but really I just don't know.  As you can tell I have not had much to say lately and I think blogs are kind of going to the way-side.  I'm not sure what to do.  I like to write but sometimes I think I should just leave it in a journal.  I'll think about it more tomorrow.

So I'm in the middle of watching the Grammy's.  Yes, it is really tragic that Whitney Houston has died (I kind of feel like some of my youth died too) and Jennifer Hudson was fabulous but the performance that really tugged at my heartstrings - Glen Campbell (why yes I do know all the words to Rhinestone Cowboy.  I KNOW.  Who would have guessed.  But hearing him sing) made me remember my life as a little girl.  There are two shows I remember my parents watching - The Glen Campbell Show and the, oh shoot I can't think of his name now, the guy from England.  Tom Jones - so glad I got it I'd hate to have been up all night trying to remember his name.  Anyway, I remember my parents watching both of those shows (I think my mom may have had a little crush on both of them - I remember my dad having sideburns for awhile - I'm just saying...).  So Glen tugged at my heartstrings which made me want to hear more and that took me to YouTube of course and there I found that Wichita Lineman song.  I like that song, I forgot I liked it.  (I'm listening to James Taylor sing it right now - good but not as good as Glen Campbell).  So there you go.  Another secret revealed - Glen Campbell and Tom Jones make me remember being a little girl in our craftsman bungalow with the little telephone cubby, sun porch and flower painted bathtub (it was the 70's you know).  

TTFN...

2 comments:

Shirley said...

LOL! Better than the Hee Haw Show! ;)

Don't shut down your blog!

RuthG said...

I believe Tom Jones is Welsh.
You're lucky, my folks always watched Laurence Welk!