Monday, December 28, 2009

2010 - is this the year...

Is this the year I finally get my act together and start taking control of my life. Is this the year I stop procrastinating and start making choices that help me? Is this the year I stop acting like a spoiled child and enter the adult world? Is this the year I really become the wife and mother and daughter and sister and friend I know I should be? Is this the year???

I've spent several nights not sleeping and thinking over the past week and what I think is I am not really all that crazy about the person that I am today. I feel like my life is out of control. That I am just passively watching the days pass by instead of making choices and living. That I don't give the love and respect to the people who deserve it. That I am selfish and spend entirely too much time thinking about myself instead of the people around me. Seriously, I guess you could just say I'm sick of myself. But again, is this just a passing phase where my actions are in the forefront of my consciousness and by this time next week I will have forgotten what kind of person I think I am? Or is this the year that I will actually make changes and get out of my comfort zone, confront demons and live? I know what I want to happen, just not so sure of the action plan...

1 comment:

Amy said...

Well, you need to do what you need to do but you do have friends and family to be there with you. You aren't alone. Big hugs to you.