Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Zippity Doo Dah

last night I was setting in the dining room and I kept hearing this tapping, like pebbles against the window.  At first I couldn't figure out where it was coming from but then I saw a small bird setting on the windowsill pecking at my window.  Once the cat noticed the game was on - seriously, Daisy would wait patiently, Ms. Bird would come pecking, Daisy would pounce and Ms. Bird would flit away just to return and start the game again a few minutes later.  It was very entertaining and interesting.  I've never seen a bird return again and again.  Maybe there was a tasty bug on the window.  I mentioned the visitor to the HotY and kids and they informed me that Ms. Birdie has been around doing the same thing for a couple of days now.  And this afternoon I looked out the window and there she was - just sitting on the windowsill.  I would like to think the blue bird of happiness was roosting right outside my very own front door but alas the bird is yellow...  The yellow bird of ambivalence???

TTFN...

No comments: