Monday, November 14, 2011

Did I mention I'm glad to be here?

I just remembered I totally forgot to tell you about this - I don't know how I forgot but I did.  Earlier in October I attended a funeral so I was dressed up and wearing heels.  I stopped at the store on my way home and had a couple bags of stuff.  When I walked in the door, standing in front of the stairs, I tried to kick-off my shoes without putting my sacks down and then it happened (fine you know what happened but let me tell you anyway).  I lost my balance, I tried to catch myself but it was too late.  I went down the stairs backwards.  At the bottom my head hit the floor, my legs flipped over my head and my neck gave a horrendous crack then my head hit the floor again, this time so hard my cotacts popped out.  I KNOW!  I layed there for just a second making sure I could move my neck and slowly stood up.  Other than rug burns on my face and bruises along the back of my body I was uninjured.  It could have been bad - it could have been really bad, especially since there was no one home but the pets (some help they would have been - although to Autumn's credit she did touch even one thing that came out of the bags when they went flying)..  Once the HotY and kids did get home I told him the story and then subsequently during the night I would remind him that I could have died just so he would appreciate me being around even more than usual :-)  But it really did scare me.  AND I totally believe that my Guardian Angel was watching over me - I'm really thankful she was around! 

Okay that's it.  You know I've had so many close-calls I obviously have not done whatever it is I have been set on this earth to do.  Darn I wish someone would clue me in about that - but maybe it's better I don't know - you never know when my luck may run out!

TTFN...

No comments: