Thursday, August 2, 2012

I'm back...

at least for today.  I found out a few things about our little yellow winged visitor since the last time we talked.  It is a Goldfinch, which I knew but now I know I knew for sure, (say that three times fast) and it is not a Ms. Birdie it is a Mr. Birdie.  The reason he is pecking at our windows is because he picked our house for his "territory" and when he sees his reflection in the window he thinks he is another male Goldfinch competing for his territory so he is pecking at himself thinking he is someone else.  Oh my gosh that sounds like my life some days!  But he seems to have departed.  He was here last week but I have not seen him at all this week - maybe he finally found Ms. Birdie and they are off living happily ever after in some lofty tree.  It sounds like a nice story anyway.

Big happenings with the girls.  They went to Girl scout camp (it was hot and buggy but they had fun anyway),  This week Syd got braces and Lauren got an expander.  Lauren is having the harder time - the expander is tearing up her tongue and there is nothing you can do about that other than to just let it heal.  I'll be glad when this phase is over.  Oh and just to round things out Alex had the flu.  Yep, it has been all fun and games in the Crabby House.

I was going to write something else but I don't remember what it was now.  I'm sure it was earth-shattering whatever it was.  I really really really am going to write on a more regular basis but there has not been much to say.  I'll work on that but just to give you an idea of how things are going - this sums up the excitement level of my days



TTFN...

Oh and Lauren thinks she has found her "car" ummmm I think not!


No comments: